Functions of the Unit:
- To protect lives and property within the hospital premises and hospital quarters, to make the hospital conducive and peaceful for easy dispensation.
- To ensure compliance to the hospital laid down rules and regulations, and report cases of malpractices/misconducts and to investigate the cases where necessary or when directed by the management for further necessary action.
- To ensure issuance of identity cards to the staff, students and entertain cases related to identity cards.
- To establish a system of inspection, patrols and other periodic checks and improve the relationship of the three (3) Private Security firms to enhance greater efficiency in the discharge of their duties.
- To produce and submit security appraisal/reports to the Management for preventive actions or otherwise.
- To represent the management and advice on security matters to the police, SSS and other law enforcement agencies.
- To carry out any other assignment that may be given by the Management